Friday, January 23, 2009

Week No. 38

We are in the 38th week of pregnancy. I feel pretty good. My feet have been swelling alot, so I have been sporting some pretty nasty cankles! Ha ha! I have only been slightly emotional, I think. :O) The baby is moving like crazy, and is very healthy, as far as we can tell. My last appointment was this past Wednesday, and I was 1 centimeter dilated, 80% effaced, and the baby is in the -3 station!! CRAZY!!! I can hardly believe it. So I could blow any day now!! We are both really excited. I can't wait to see Jonni holding our little girl. What a wonderful moment that will be for me.

Today was my last day at work, until I get back from my maternity leave. I was sad, yet excited as I pulled out from the Plant today. I will miss seeing all of my friends. They have all been so good to me, and really supported me through this time of major change in my life. It is really weird to think that I will not be working for the next eight weeks or so. That is wild. I am so looking forward to being home though, and to spending time with Gracie and Jonni.

We have pretty much gotten everything ready for Gracie's arrival. Bags packed, nursery in order, car seats installed, etc etc. I don't think we can really truly prepare for what a major event this is going to be, but we are ready nonetheless. I keep hearing how life will never be the same, and that we will never be the same. I know those words are true when I hear them, but I don't think I can fully grasp the depth of them until that time comes. I think I know, but I know I don't know. One day, I will be telling someone else the exact same thing probably, and knowing that they are in for the ride of their life!!

We know this is a blessing from God, and one of the greatest miracles! Life. Another person in this world that has a little bit of me, and a little bit of Jonni, and some other family genes mixed in there too. Another life. Another person who will change the world in which we live. Another soul. Another child of God. We can't wait to meet her. We only pray that we would be godly, loving, life-giving, and wise parents. Parents that fulfill the highest call to lead their child into relationship with the living God. We want our child to know God, and to live for God. That is our highest call in her life...to lead her to Him, and to love her the way that God loves us. God help us!! :O) What an awesome repsonsibility. Thank you for this blessing God.

1 comments:

Questions? said...

No doubt. You guys will make the best parents!